Our Mission, Vision and Values
We aspire to create outstanding organisations that promote educational excellence, character development and service to communities.
Nurturing Today’s Young People I Inspiring Tomorrow’s Leaders
Our vision is wide-ranging. It encompasses aspiration, educational excellence, system leadership, social mobility and cohesion.
We aim to:
- Transform the educational achievement of the nation’s young people, schools and academies.
- Elevate the life chances of young people in areas of social and economic deprivation – from all backgrounds – to help them succeed at the highest levels of education, employment and the professions.
- Lead a national drive based on rigour and high expectations designed to improve school standards.
- Provide more choice for parents by offering them the chance to send their children to an inspirational school.
- Ensure ambition and high aspirations are rewarded through all our schools.
- Make a demonstrable impact on social mobility and equality in communities that have called out for change for so long.
- Create a diverse network of faith and non-faith schools, ensuring every child has access to a first-rate education that embodies opportunity for all.
In doing so we will nurture today’s young people and inspire tomorrow’s leaders.
We believe passionately that:
- Children and young people are at the heart of everything we strive to achieve and we have a key role to play in their physical and emotional well-being.
- Our success depends on the unity of purpose and clarity of conviction of all of our leaders, parents, staff, children and young people, who must strive for excellence at all times.
- Each child and young person, regardless of prior ability and background, can succeed and make outstanding progress academically and personally.
- We embrace innovation whilst learning from the past.
- Our organisation belongs to, and has a responsibility for, our wider community.
- Energy, enthusiasm and endeavour are key to the delivery of sustained excellence.
- Character, integrity and how we treat each other define us as people.
- No one person can deliver amazing results on their own – success is always the product of earnest endeavours by a dedicated team.
All our work is structured under three overarching priorities:
- Keeping our students safe, happy and well.
- Achieving and sustaining excellence.
- Looking after our staff and community.